Florida Keys
We arrived to the Keys yesterday under cloudy skies and lots of wind. Aside from the fact that Larry loves the Keys and I had never been here, our friend Wally Henry who is a pro sailor is sailing in Key West Race Week. It has been great. Good walks with Rocky along the water, food and entertainment along Duval Street and meeting Wally and seeing his professional playground (TP 52 called Vesper) has been a treat.
All along the keys you can stop and walk either along the coast or on the old railway trestle built by Henry Flagler in the early 1900's. This was the first "land" connection of all the keys through to Key West. See the old trestle to the right of the highway below.
See the mangroves below in a photo I took from the highway. It is amazing how these plants live in salt water and protect the low lying islands from being washed away and create an ecosystem for other critters.
One of many beautiful homes....I love the architecture you find in Key West!
Now, last but not least....RACE BOATS and our friend Wally (and Rocky, of course)!
I like BIG BOATS and I cannot lie!
Love the photo of Beth and The Rock -- just made it my desktop photo.
ReplyDeleteMiss you! Keep up sharing the adventure :)