Our next destination will be the island of Espiritu Santi off of La Paz, Baja California Sur. Google this up to see a aerial vision of this gorgeous island.
This is where we will be headed in about 10 days when we think we will have solar and water maker working.
Pretty amazing looking. Larry just can't wait. I am trying to eat up all fresh food we brought and thinking of how to provision for the next month. There is a Sam's club here and a few larger grocery store that I have not gone to yet. With George only eating with us for 4 of the expected days and Dan for a week, not two, I have a bunch of left overs.
It is nice to have wifi here at the marina so I can google up recipes for different things to make. I.e. the turkey meatballs and ravioli were not freezing. That made four meals for us. I did not want red sauce for four nights so I googled up a sauce to put on meatballs that included curry, lime, sherry, garlic and ginger in chicken broth. Went nicely over rice and raw cabbage. I wish I could make up these things just out of my head and have the confidence that it will be delicious. Perhaps one day, with more experience, I will.
I keep forgetting certain stories that I have wanted to put in the blog. One is Rocky, so excited to see me come back on the dingy from the clinic. He would start running to one of the transomes and then try to stop. He would make a "risky business" slide and I would cringe hoping we would not slide off into the windy and choppy harbor. So I would yell "go below" and he gets another head of steam up to run to the other hull--obviously not going below but sliding all over as he trys to stop, wiggling and barking all the while.
We have been at Marina de la Paz for four days now. There are only four spaces in this marina for catamarans. Just a few in the other two marinas as well. Three of the spaces here are filled and the boats are left for the summer at least. There is a Catana 431 next door. Her boat has been here for a year. It is interesting to see it alongside our Lagoon. The 431 is the one in Oakland we almost bought. It is bigger and faster. Slow and steady and more comfortable is just fine for me.
I had additional stories....but escape me now. Have a good day and nice weekend. Beth and Larry and Rocky
No comments:
Post a Comment