Thursday, October 4, 2012

Exploring San Marcos Island

When first reading about San Marcos Island off of Santa Rosalia I was not interested. It has a commercial gypsum operation and depending on the wind conditions and were you are anchored, you can get a little dusty.

After being here in Sweet Pea Cove for several days we have found interesting snorkeling and rock formations. I also found to maximize the fish variety and quantity that you see, carry a little food. They are much like hungry puppies! Pied piper, I was!

Looking south from Sweet Pea Cove.
We went for a dingy ride and found some caves....




Beach is beyond entrance.




Shaky picture but shows the hole in the ceiling of the cave.



The way out!

Once again, the geological formtions of the Sea and Baja are varied and interesting. Add to that the remoteness with access to towns and the fact that most anchorages are within 25 miles of each other makes for the best cruising grounds on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment