Friday, April 27, 2012

Found THE boat!

Hellooooooo to our Baby! 

 Our 'Sun Baby'. Can you believe we move to Florida to find our boat and sail from there yet the best boat we could find was in San Diego?

The boat has passed all surveys to our satisfaction and we are closing soon! Here she is again! I never really thought this day would come..... I am all in now!



She will go into the yard for some maintenance followed by a shake down cruise to Catalina. Then we install some gear (new sail!) Final provisioning then off the Sea of Cortez with its sea life, quiet coves and lapping water against her hulls.


Larry found me the perfect boat. She has been well cared for by her owners and is very comfortable. He is adding a "go fast in light air" sail and I add the food and my projects (quilts, sewing, books). I am about to learn a whole heck of a lot about myself.  I expect to find that Peace Corp Volunteer down deep inside again. I never really thought I would have to....but it is the nice quiet life I long for and the ocean life Larry longs for.

Vamos a ver!

 


1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome, Yeah!!! What a wonderful life you're building. Woot woot!!

    ReplyDelete